Frequently Asked Questions
1. How far in advance should I start shopping for a gown? When do I order my wedding gown?
Start shopping 12-15 months prior to your wedding date. Designer gowns should be ordered six to nine months in advance to ensure that there is enough time for delivery and alterations. Most dresses take four to six months with alterations being about 6-10 weeks in duration. If you are in a rush some designers can make your dress in about ten weeks time, but there is usually a 20% additional rush fee associated with that service.
2. Do I need an appointment to select bridal gowns? How much time do I have for my consultation?
Salon policies vary; an appointment is always suggested especially on a Saturday. If our boutique is hosting a trunk show an appointment will be required with a refundable deposit. Normally, a bridal consultation can be anywhere from an 1-2 hours. Time permitting, you will be able to select your veil, headpiece, and accessories in one appointment. We strive to give the bride a full glass slipper experience to encapsulate their dream vision on their special day.
3. How many guests can I bring with me?
Working with some of the top designers and in the top salons in the US we've experienced that it is less stressful (and more productive) to limit yourself to bringing only a couple of guests during the shopping process. Park City Bridal allows a maximum of 4 guests. You want to bring whoever will be instrumental in helping you make your decision. This person should be honest and have your best interest in mind. If you have someone who is helping purchase your dress, they would be a good person to have by your side as well.
4. What is the starting price of your gowns?
Give your consultant an exact price range so that they don’t show you styles that are out of your comfort zone. Our gowns start at $1800 and go upwards of $15,000.
5. Are alterations included in the price? Does the salon have an on-site alterations specialist? Many brides forget to take this into consideration when creating an accurate budget for their wedding gown. Alterations are a seperate cost from the cost of the purchase of the gown. Alterations are on average from $400 to upwards of $1000 dependant on the amount of work necessary. We of course try to get the best fit from the get go so that it is just a bustle and a hem, but if a lot of buildup in necessary or if a bride loses a lot of weight in the months while the dress is being constructed, then this all needs to be taken into account in the cost of the alterations. The salon has someone who is highly qualified that will be handling all alterations. The work, at no time, ever gets jobbed out.
6. How many fittings will I need? Do I work with the same alterations specialist everytime? You will typically have two to four fittings before the gown is perfectly sculpted to your body. We start our brides’ fittings eight weeks prior to their big day to get the most accurate fit, especially if they’re trying to get in shape and want to lose a few pounds. We always have the bride work with the same alterations specialist to ensure the best fit.
7. How does the payment process work? What is the cancellation policy?
We require a 50% deposit when ordering your gown with the balance due within 7 days of arrival to the salon. Our cancellation policy provides a three day grace period from when the dress is purchased. It's important to note that designers do not cancel dresses that have already been put to production. It is important to remember that each dress is made specifically for each bride and that the designer makes space for each dress accordingly. Please refer to our Terms and Conditions and read "Sales Agreement" for a description of our NO RETURN, NO REFUNDS policy.
8. After the order is placed, when will my dress arrive from the designer?
Designers require four to six months to create the dress. However, many designers will accommodate a shorter time frame with a rush delivery cutting as referenced above, but their may be an additional fee. Once the dress arrives, you will be required to pay the balance and schedule your fittings. It is good to allow 6-10 weeks for alterations.
9. After the wedding, do you offer preservation services?
We can handle the cleaning and preservation of your dress. We work with a company that has been in the preservation business since 1913 and guarantees their work. The turn around time is 10-12 weeks.
10. If I have more questions before or after appointment, what is the best way to contact you?
Email us at email@example.com
with anything you may need. Please allow us 24-48 hours to respond. Feel free to call the salon during business hours. If we are unable to take your call please leave us your voicemail and well get back to you as soon as possible. We offer VIP appointments on inquiry.